What is Digital Radiography?
Digital Radiography is a form of X-ray imaging, where digital X-ray sensors are used instead of traditional photographic film. Advantages include time efficiency through bypassing chemical processing and the ability to digitally transfer and enhance images for more accurate descriptions. Also, less radiation can be used to produce an image of similar contrast to conventional radiography.
Instead of X-ray film, digital radiography uses a digital image capture device. This gives advantages of immediate image preview and availability; elimination of costly film processing steps; a wider dynamic range, which makes it more forgiving for over- and under-exposure; as well as the ability to apply special image processing techniques that enhance overall display of the image.
Advantages of Using Digital X-Ray
- Better quality than traditional film x-rays
- Ability to immediately enhance the x-ray by lightening or darkening
- Less time to develop the x-ray (less than one minute)
- Ability to copy your x-ray to a CD or USB drive so you can share the results with your family or doctor
- Ability to immediately enlarge a specific part of the x-ray
Why Hess Spinal & Medical Centers?
- Open on Saturday
- Neurologist on Staff
- M.D. Medical Doctors
- D.O. Doctor of Osteopathy
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Accident Chiropractors
- Physical Therapy
- Se Habla Español (Bilingual)
- Accident Care Staff
- Electronic Medical Records
- Fast & Friendly Staff
- Same Day Appointments
- Transportation Available
- Extended Hours
- No charge for medical records (for current patients)